Tuesday 5 October 2010

research for themes

After creating a mind map to allow my ideas to follow I found that I had come up with some interesting ideas for my themes.
Machinery: I thought about doing this topic since the beginning, mainly because I found a piece of music that would fit perfectly with it, also I could used the different parts to create an abstract piece of animation, that I feel would coincide with what the brief says.
Here are a few images at which I could use to help me create my abstract machinery animation. I feel that using images like these would help because they could give me an insight into what I would need to think about when designing my animation.











My next idea I came up with was called Life of a Family. This is where I would use simple shapes to demonstrate either a normal day of a standard family, or to demonstrate a special occasion that the family would go through, for example a family get together, birthdays, wedding anniversaries etc.
Here are 2 images at which I had found to help me portray the image of a family that I would have liked.
However, after attempting to storyboard this idea I found it wasn't as good as I first thought, mainly because I thought that I would end up copying the bupa advert, therefore I decided not to pursue this idea.


The next idea was something the is a bit darker in theme, it is called Bullying. With this idea I wanted to demonstrate how bullying can affect a person, whether they are a child or and adult. To do this I thought about a balloon and maybe something that would come along and pop it.
I did think about the fact that normally, bullying happens in schools, mainly to children however I wanted to keep the place open to interpretation, therefore I do not want to use a stage or background that would be recognisable.













Another theme, following on from the Bullying theme, is Abuse. Even though abuse has many forms, for example child abuse, sexual abuse or physical/mental abuse, I still don't want to use a specific theme, and by doing this means it would reach out to more people, because I have again left it up to the audience to interpreate how they want.
The way I would demonstrate this theme, is by using one object to be something easily breakable, for example a sheet of glass, and another object to be something like a ball, which throughout the animation would slowly break the glass until we are left with a shattered piece of glass in the middle of the screen. This would symbolise the soul of the victim being broken, after being abused.

The next theme that I cam up with was Love Triangle. I came up with this idea from my own mini experience, and therefore I would be able to use that as a basis to create my animation.
The reason why I decided to pursue this idea is because I thought about what I could use, I could use the primary shapes, square, triangle, circle etc, to create the people who are involved, and again use different shapes to then set the scenes at which to explain what is happening.

Here is an image basically explaining how a love triangle works, where either 2 men are after 1 woman, or 2 women are afetr 1 man.
After again attempting to storyboard this idea I found it difficult to demonstrate my theme, especially as a love triangle is very emotional, and I couldn't show emotions without showing faces very easily.







Another idea that I came up with was Boxing. The reasoning for this is because I started to listen to the song Eye of the Tigar, and the got a few ideas about how I could create a boxing animation, for example running up stairs, training, as like from the Rocky films.


These 2 images I would use for my animation to demonstrate the boxing theme. To create my character I would have just had the 2 gloves and triangles for the shoes. And with this image on the right I would have used that to come up with an idea for the ending of the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment