Thursday 7 January 2010

Swatches for my designs

I went onto Kuler and after looking through and comparing different swatches to Alex Katz's work I have found 3 strong swatches that I feel co insides with his style of work.
I first notices that Alex Katz mainly using natural colours, this seems to be because he is mainly using real people as models to create his artwork, however there are some that are quite bold, and this is where Ktaz want to make an affect on the people who see them.

The first swatch is called Copy of Natural Path, I like this swatch mainly because there are natural colours that match some of Katz's work, and therefore it would be easier for me to use them to link with Alex Katz.



The next swatch is called Katz, this is because I was trying to see if Alex Katz had any swatches, and the way I came up with this one was by typing Katz into the search engine.
I feel again that this one can be used to represent Katz's work, this is because it uses natural colours and quite bold colours at the same time. However, I feel that compared with the first one I don't think that it is as closely matched to Katz's artwork.


And lastly the swatch is called Alex Ross Warms, again to get this swatch I used a similar technique as before, however this time I typed in Alex, I think that this one is not as good as the 2 before however I do like the colours within, but I won't be choosing this one as it doesn't really represent Alex Katz fully.
After looking at these three swatches carefully against Katz's work I have found that the first one, Copy of Natural Path, was the best and the one that I am going to use for my project, using one swatch will hopefully link all of my components together as well as showing consistency throughout my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment