Wednesday 13 January 2010

Production Log for my Booklet

My booklet would actually contain my essay, and maybe a few image of the artist and his artwork.
I first made my character styles at which I was going to use in my essay, I also changed my paragraph styles. The character style determines what single selected letters would look like, and the paragraph styles would determine what the rest of the text would look like, and the rest of the text is called the body text.
Both of these icons look the same as do the windows when you open them. Each of these are found under Windows/Type & Tables. you can also find other icons there as well, in case you needed them.

I first thought that I wanted to link my work together so that I is almost all the same style, therefore I used the same technique as I did for the background of my leaflet, and the colours of my leaflet.
Therefore as you can see I have got the 3 shaded effect, and the colours of the type are the same as the front of the leaflet.
Also to keep the continuity of my work I also used the same image on the front of my booklet as I did for my leaflet.
I also wanted to to make the border of the lighter brown the same all of the way round therefore I changed the position of the darker brown sections to where I needed them to be.
On the inside where my text is going to be I have made it the same colour as the inside of my leaflet, also I have decreased the opacity to 50% so that is was only the background colour, and did not over power the text.
I first had to write the text into a word document, and then later add it to the InDesign document.
To add it I would first make sure that I had continued the text areas so the text would flow into the correct places, to do this I just clicked on the bottom square, on the edge of the text box and then click in the text box at which I wanted the text to flow. I would then go to File/Place and I would select the point of where my text would start. And then due to my previous actions the text should flow into the correct text boxes, and therefore when I would do a test print everything should read fluently.
I also changed the colour of the text to the same colour as the background of the outside of my booklet.
I also added my Character styles that I had previously created. The first one was to make very first letter bigger and thick then the body text.

Here another 2 pages of my booklet, I have also added another character style to the first letter of the brand new paragraphs, this was to make sure that each one would show that it is a different subject. I therefore did not make the style thicker I just made it taller then the body text.
And when it came to the paragraph style I just made sure that the size of the text was to how I wanted, which was 14 pt, and the colour was the same as the front background colour, also to carry on with the continuity of my work I kept the same font, Tohoma.

Due to some of the content in my essay I wanted to place an image that was relevant therefore I remembered mentioning about the Time Square Mural, at which I had found in the book on Alex Katz, and I thought that I wanted this image in the center of my booklet.
I first tried finding it on the Internet, and had no luck therefore I scanned the image into Photoshop and the cropped out the parts that I did not want, I then placed it into my area at which I had already marked out.
And then to allow me to carry on with the colour scheme I had thought that I would use the same colour background for my image as I have on the front of my booklet, I also made sure that the white borders at the top and bottom were continuous thought my booklet, therefore I had to see if they are in the correct position before I tried printing it out.
I then printed out a tester to see if my design would work, and thankfully it does, and this tester I will stick into my sketch book.

No comments:

Post a Comment