Sunday 1 November 2009

Progression on Ideas

After doing a lot of extensive research into the different types of boxes and their target audiences I have decided to focus my attention on children/parents buying for children. This is because I feel that I am able to be more flamboyant and creative when designing something for children.
During class I had been thinking of a few ideas and so I thought that I would try them out and see what they would look like.

Here I have created the front, and part of the side of a box. I had used the technique that I had already explained about with the name of the character. Looking at other packages I had realised that if I had created a collecting game for the children then they might be more inclined to buy more. This is because if they collect 4 nuts then they would be able to get a free toy or something along those lines, and here I have placed one already on the box, this can make them feel like they have got something already.

I was also trying to stay with the earth colours because they are more linked with squirrels and my character is a squirrel. Also I was wanting to have a nut go around the box, so that there was a sense of continuation.

I then thought about changing the colours to see if something else would work better. Here I have chosen a light blue, and after looking at it I thought that blue wasn't the right colour to create the effect that I wanted.
I had then tried light green, as I have shown in the screen grab on the left, however again I had thought after looking at it, that it wasn't again the correct colour for what I wanted to achieve at the end.
Therefore I thought that my original colour was the best as it was able to compliment the colours that I had used for the text and my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment