Friday 16 April 2010

Research on other websites

I have found one particular website that had caught my eye, and I found that this one was very similar to what I was trying to create.
The site is called Cbeebies, the site is www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies.


Here is a screen grab of what the site looks like, as you can see it is very colourful and bright this is because the target audience is very young and like this sort of website that can keep them interested.

I had taken a screen grab of the story page, where they put all of their animations to show to the audience. Here they have a more extensive range of animations to what we have been told to create, therefore they are able to had different pages to show them. For example they have an A-Z section so the audience are able to look through all of the stories in alphabetical order. They also have a section called Our Picks this part shows what stories the creators would recommend the viewer to watch.

All in all I like the style of the site, however I feel for the brief at which we have been set, having those sorts of colours probably will not fit in with the theme, therefore I will be coosing different, less bright colours for my interface. As a reference though this site is good to look at because it is very popluar with the my target audience, which is 5-7 year olds, therefore I can use this to make my website better and more pleasing to the eye, as well as make the audience more engaged with my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment