Saturday 4 June 2011

Meadowlands Post Festival Promos

Even though I did not go to the festival I wanted to help in making the post-festival promos. Therefore, I decided to take some of the footage and put it together for a post-festival promo film to music.

I began with the idea of wanting to start off with people arriving at the festival, and it is all calm showing the campsite full of tents, and then for the festival to begin and it is all lively and upbeat with everyone having fun.

I had to look through to determine which pieces of film I wanted to use, which would make the festival look the best. I wanted to combine all of the different aspects of the festival and not just the music side of it, and as I was looking through all of the footage, I had come across a bit of footage which contained a woman singing into a microphone with everyone else in the tent singing with her, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which I thought was really charming and therefore somewhere I wanted it to appear in my film. After thinking about I thought having it the end section of the footage, where everyone is clapping would be a fantastic ending.

Therefore, I feel that I have included a nice balance of artists and comedians performing, a ride, and some other unique parts of the Meadowlands Festival within this film, which then showed everyone what Meadowlands have to offer for next year.

This is the film in its entirity:


This is the link to the Meadowlands Post-festival Promo film on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Dl_yqq39M

I also made a panorama of the main stage at the Meadowlands Festival . I had both footage and photos to play with, as when the arena was empty I have got footage but when the arena was full I have got photos, therefore I used Photoshop to stitch together the photos and finish the Main Stage Panorama.

This is the film:


This is the link to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3FEwKpFgu0

After talking to Mark, via email, he had also disclosed to me that he wanted a film about Jo Harman, (which previously Harry said he would do) and a film about Mamas Gun, therefore in response to this I made a short film about only Mamas Gun at Meadowlands Festival.

Due to the lack of footage that I had to play with for the Mamas Gun Promo film, the film is alot shorter than I thought I would make it, however this then lead to my advantage because after I had finished making it, the film ended up being short but in your face, and after consulting with Mark about it, he liked what I had done.

This is the film:


This is the link to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SECLVbtYuA

To create each of these promos I had used Adobe Premiere Pro, which is like Final Cut, therefore I was able to use it to the best of my ability.
For the panorama I had used Adobe After Effects, mainly because I knew I could create this film easier in this program.

All the way through creating these films, I have always consulted with Mark before putting them up on YouTube, this is because as he is our client he has the final say in what goes up, and with each of these he has wanted them up on YouTube, demonstrating that I have created work that he is proud to show off.

No comments:

Post a Comment