Sunday 27 September 2009

Progress on Ideas

Once I had been given the Assignment I thought about doing A Day in the Life of a Family. Consequently I had thought about taking my photos in three locations either in or around my own home.

During the time when I had begun doing my research for my blog and essay, I had come across many peoples' work desplaying locations that seemed a bit boring but, by the way that the creators had stitched them together they had become extremely fascinating, and therefore even though I had already taken photos from two out of the three locations and had started placing them together I decided that my theme and my photos were not that interesting or creative to look at and that is when I had decided to start again from scratch and try and decide where I was going to take my photos and how I would link them.

After carrying on with my research I had then discovered an idea, I had remembered places that I had been to previously that I had thought were particually interesting to look at, and I felt that they would be even better in a QTVR. The place at which I had first thought of was at Jack and Jill Windmill, I rememebered that I was able to see both Hassocks and Burgess Hill from there and that is where I decided to make my theme a Tourist Guide.
The other places at which I had taken my images was first in the middle of the Martlets in Burgess Hill town Center whilst there was no one around and the sun was still shining, I also chose a place just down from my first location showing more of Burgess Hill, this was on a band stand. And my last place was at the top of the town near the train station showing the train station the tracks and looking down the town.

I had chosen these ares because I thought that they would show Burgess Hill particually well, and even though Jack and Jill is out of Burgess Hill, I thought that because of where it is situated I was able to show that Burgess Hill may be a town but it is still small and community based.

Here are just a couple of images from 2 of my pieces that I intend to do:





This image here is from my first idea Jack and Jill, showing both Burgess Hill and Hassocks in the distance.






Again this is an image that I have taken from the photos that I took of Burgess Hill town center, I hope that once i have put all of my images together that this would be a helpful guide into Burgess Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment